302-323-4588 office@dape.org

Delaware Association of Professional Engineers

Call 302-323-4588 or email office@dape.org DAPE weekdays between 9AM– 4PM for assistance.

The Delaware Association of Professional Engineers (DAPE) was created through Delaware Code Title 24 Chapter 28 in 1972. DAPE is a self-regulated professional licensing board, established to safeguard life, health, and property and to promote public welfare, through a high standard of integrity, skills, and practice in the profession of engineering. DAPE’s Council establishes the qualifications and evaluates individual and firm candidates for Professional Engineer licensure in the State of Delaware.

PE Applicants

Firm Applicants

FE & Engineer Interns


News & Updates

January 31, 2023Watch this video for more information on how Professional Engineers protect the public. [...] Read more...

Please visit NCEES for the most updated exam information.

All DAPE Council and Committee meetings are open to the public. You can find our meeting calendar here


What's the difference between DAPE and the Delaware Chapter of NSPE?

In Delaware, the Engineering profession is “self-regulating.” The Delaware Association of Professional Engineers (DAPE) is established by law and consists of all the professional engineers licensed in Delaware. These “members” are selected by voting 12 of the 15 members to the “Council” of DAPE. The remaining 3 seats are public members appointed by the Governor.  The “Council” performs the duties of “The Board of Licensing for Engineers” established in other states. Our objectives are best described in Section 2804 of the Delaware Professional Engineers’ Act :

“There is hereby established the Delaware Association of Professional Engineers, an instrumentality of the State. The objectives of the Association and of this chapter are to: regulate the practice of engineering; to provide for the registration of qualified persons as professional engineers and the certification of engineer interns; to define the terms “engineer”, “professional engineer”, “engineer intern” and “the practice of engineering”; to create an organization to regulate the practice of engineering; to provide and administer qualifying examinations and grant registration to qualified persons as professional engineers; to provide for the appointment and election of members to the governing body of this Association; to define the powers and duties of the Council; to set forth the minimum qualifications and other requirements for registration as a professional engineer; for certification as an engineer intern; the granting of a permit to practice engineering, and the granting of a certificate of authorization; to set rules for the establishment of fees, expiration requirements and renewal requirements; to establish continued professional competency guidelines and requirements; and to provide for the enforcement of this chapter together with penalties for violations of the provisions of this chapter.”

The National Society of Professional Engineers and NSPE-DE mission is to promote the ethical and competent practice of engineering, advocate licensure, and enhance the professional, social, and economic development and well-being of licensed engineers.

For more information about DES, including contacts, visit their website.

Does my firm need a Certificate of Authorization?

An engineering corporation or partnership must have a certificate of authorization in order to practice, or offer to practice, engineering as defined in the Delaware Professional Engineers’ Act. A licensee who practices, or offers to practice, engineering under a name other than that person’s licensed name is required to obtain a Certificate of Authorization, or to practice under a Certificate of Authorization. 


If I have an undergraduate degree from a non-ABET institution, and a graduate degree from an institution with an ABET-accredited undergraduate program, do you need both transcripts?

Yes. Our experience requirements are calculated based on a complete educational history. 

If I have an NCEES Record, do I have to complete your application?

Yes. You’ll be able to indicate that you have an NCEES record, and be directed to a shorter version of the application. We will use the NCEES record to verify the information you provide.  

Past Newsletters

Miss out on previous DAPE news? Check out out past newsletters

Meeting Minutes

View previous board minutes from our council

Annual Report

View DAPE’s most recent Annual Report